Monday, January 22, 2007

The decisions I make in my life are not all controlled by me. I know that almost everything that I have learned from my mom is something that I'm going to keep doing in life. For example talking, walking and learning basic ways to keep myself going everyday. Now that I think about it, I live in my mother shadow. Although I don't look anything like my mother many people know that I am my mothers child just by the way I act. The phrase that is most commonly used when we are caught acting alike is "The apple doesn't fall that far from the tree". My short temper comes from my quck witted mom and my smooth sarcasim comes from her as well. I would like to become my own woman but still keep the traits that make my mom and I have in common. I'm afraid that if I don't become my own woman that I will never really know how to become independant and will have to constantly use my mom for help. Although what moms are for is to give you advice and be your bestfriend.I want to be able to become my own woman for my future children if I ever plan to have any.

4 comments:

Big Man On Campus said...

Very quality work but thats whats expected out you all the time nothing but the best effort.

King Bun Bun said...

I guess if you look at it like that then that's what you believe. Your perception is really your reality even though I haven't met your mom I would like to think that you are your own person regardless. Yeah you have some of her traits which is nothng you can help, but you are you. There are certain things that make you a unique individual so I would find some happiness in that.

SSMW said...

If you are told something that you even very deep down believe is true, then true it will become. This has been proven many times. If you want to truly live outside your mothers shadow then try with all your effort to get out from under it. If you can convince your subconscious that you don't have to be like your mother then you won't. I have tried the same idea with my own father and it did work. I wish you well with this.

Athari8178 said...

You're missing a conclusion. You've given us a very good example, but you don't tie it back to your thesis statement. I am very interested in how you would tie this back to the overarching theme, but at this point it is merely an interest. Typos are also rampant. You start off very well, but slowly and surely you steadily introduce more. It seems like you're less focused on what you're writing and more on what you are thinking. Keep that in mind when working on other writings.